Monday, July 24, 2017

Changing the Java and SSL Presentation to CLCL

Yesterday I decided to create a new library for crypto tasks: the com ltsllc crypto library or clcl.  I now need to change my presentation to incorporate clcl.

I decided to keep the same basic structure; just make clcl more of a solution to Java and SSL's problems.  The basic tasks remain the same:

  • Create a key pair
  • Create a CA
  • Create a CSR
  • Create a certificate
To this I have added various file-oriented tasks:
  • Load/store a key pair in a Java key store
  • Load/store a key pair in a PEM file
  • Load/store a certificate in a Java key store
  • Load/store a certificate in a PEM file
PEM files have an additional challenge in that they may be password protected.

Then I have to document each class.  Then I have to created tests for each class. Finally, I need to create wiki entries for the library.

I've completed the first set of tasks, so it looks like I have my work cut out for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The release date for Miranda is now 9/30/2018